By Nicki Shaw
Edited by Madahvi Roy, Senior Editor, The Indian Economist
Now you know how auto insurance is one of the most crucial cover policies in modern society. But in the same breath, you must have noted how this industry is always on the news. Over the last few years, many more of these goofs and similar incidents from the industry have emerged.
Focus Due to Privilege
Why would the media and other information outlets focus so much on a single industry? This is because of the size of the industry, which runs into trillions. It could also be because of the many complaints that drivers make about the industry, yet when you look keenly, they are in the wrong.
However, the focus on the industry is because of the importance of this industry in modern society. Without auto insurance today, you are in big trouble. There are more accidents than ever before and hence, you need cover to be on the safe side.
With insurance cover, you are better off because:
- Medical bills will not pose a problem in case of an accident because the insurance covers them. You will not have to ruin your family’s savings.
- You have peace of mind: In case of an accident, you know it is not the end of the world as there is some financial relief.
- You become a more responsible driver because you do not want to pay higher premiums.
Shocking News from the Auto Insurance Industry
Now to the news that keep the spotlight on this industry. Look at some of these occurrences:
- Nelson Mandela’s devotion to Cheap Auto insurance: You must have seen the backlash on Twitter when ‘Insure Me’ whether inadvertently or otherwise shared some tweets which were completely lacking in taste. For example, one read “RIP Mandela, you worked your whole life to end oppressing auto insurance for your people.” If this is not shocking, what is?
- A Pennsylvania driver shocked us all in a New Jersey accident: It might sound weird, but you need to know that if you are an injured PA driver and you had an accident in New Jersey, your policy cover automatically converts to NJ if your auto company operates in both states.
- Teen deaths on the roads: According to the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), car crashes are the number one teen killer in the US. The same report indicated that teen drivers are ten times more likely to be involved in a car crash.
- The Georgia hot car death revelations: By now you must have heard the name Justin Ross Harris, the Georgian father who allegedly forgot his 22 month old son in a hot car for hours. The son died, and Justin took just a minute to forget his son, according to the court’s analysis. More bizarre things present themselves from this case. The less said the better.
Be on the Safe Side
Indeed, it is obvious that this is a crazy world, but you can be on the safe side by shopping for the best auto insurance policy.
To have some bargaining power, ensure you drive safely to avoid records, fit safety devices in your car to make it safer, avoid expensive additions to your car, reduce mileage and of course compare as many quotes as possible.
There is no denying that auto insurance is a crucial part of your life. However, you do not have to break the bank for the same. Just visit http://cheapautoinsurance.net/ and get amazing quotes while learning more about the interesting world of auto insurance.